Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Friday, December 01, 2017

Russia 2018 Draw Live!

I'm hoping for a nice, easy group for the England boys emerges from this morning's World Cup 2018 draw. I'll take this one:

1. Poland
2. England
3. Iran
4. Panama.

The draw starts at 10am EST. I'll be stuck in a meeting but trying to take a sneaky peek at my device.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Blue Devil said...

I'm back from my meeting and the draw has started. So far England has joined Group G with Belgium. Not exactly what I wanted (Poland or Russia) but it'll do.

10:49 AM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Tunisia have now been added to England's group - I'll take that.

10:50 AM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Right now it's looking like Group F is the Group of Death, so far with Germany, Mexico and Sweden all in.

Group H with Poland, Senegal and Colombia looks like the easiest.

10:51 AM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Well - it wasn't exactly the group that I wanted, but Group G - Belgium, England, Tunisia, and Panama - looks to be a group that England should get out of, if not top. Here's the rest of the draw in full:

Group A Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay
Group B Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Iran
Group C France, Australia, Peru, Denmark
Group D Argentina, Iceland, Croatia, Nigeria
Group E Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Serbia
Group F Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea
Group G Belgium, Panama, Tunisia, England
Group H Poland, Senegal, Colombia, Japan

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home