Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Tuesday, January 02, 2018

The New Year's Resolution Thread

Happy New Year, LOBers! This is the time of year when we share New Year's Resolutions in this space. Last year in this space, I vowed to: 1) Get the Book Published; 2) See More Live Music; and 3) Get on the Bike. Well, my book on images of teachers in movies came out back in February.  And, largely due to a balmier than usual fall season, I got plenty of time on the bike. However, I failed on the live music front and only saw three lives shows in the whole year. That one goes back on the list again this year. So this year's resolutions are:

1. See More Live Music - The few live music experiences I had in 2015 were so vivid that I want more of it. Whether it's on my own campus or in more far-flung areas, I want to fill my head with some good music this year.

2. Organize a Charity Swim - Last year, a colleague swam across Lake Erie to raise awareness about the plight of plastic pollution in the Great Lakes. That's inspired me to organize a charity swim (in the campus pool, not the lake - I'm no fool!) to raise some much-needed cash for local schools.

3. Complete the Teacher Bill of Rights - For several years, I've been wanting to use my position as chair of the Academic Freedom Community of the National Council for the Social Studies to draft a Teacher Bill of Rights to protect the professional status of P-12 teachers.

So, what's on your list - do tell.

1 Comments:

Blogger gooner71 said...

I'll be more proactive about scouting shows for us and I' m sticking waterwings in your birthday prezzie package.

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home