Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Wednesday, August 08, 2018

An LOB Appeal

With the new Premier League season a mere days away, I thought I'd make a special appeal to all of you out there in LOB land. I hope to make this season the biggest and best for the LOB - but I need all of you for this. As usual, we'll be live blogging matches during the season, especially on the weekends but also occasionally on weekday afternoons during the Champions League season. We usually have a hardcore of three participants during most games, but it's always much, much more fun when we have more voices in the mix.

I'd like to ask you to use the LOB as your platform for chatting about footie. Typically, when I'm on the blog on a weekend morning I'll also notice friends chatting away on other platforms - Facebook, WhatsApp, text, even email. I know a lot of us are increasingly using our phone for communications these days; however, I can personally attest that accessing the LOB is just as easy by phone as those other platforms are - and it doesn't drain your battery or data plan as quickly as texts will. Just access the LOB site, click on the link for that day's thread, scroll down to the comment box and natter away.

Looking forward to chatting with all of you. Cheers!

3 Comments:

Blogger manunitedrules said...

Will be there to enjoy the pleasure of your company and for the usual banter. It is true that more people will help . It's always great to hear different perspectives.

3:43 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Cheers, mate - I appreciate your loyalty, as always. I'm hoping that we can spread our circle this season.

7:16 AM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

"much, much more fun"????

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home