Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Good Old Harry



No doubt you've seen this one before. If you haven't you're in for a treat. The question I have seeing this again is was it ever revealed who hit that ball? Given it's waywardness, you'd guess it was Frankie Lampard, but I don't think he was a reserve at the time.

5 Comments:

Blogger gatorbob said...

Hilarious! What a character! He's a bit old-school for my taste but the game would certainly be less entertaining with the likes of 'Arry about.

It's opportune that you posted this today, but Dave and I had a natter on the blog earlier about Pompey. Dave disagrees with me and thinks that the squad is strong, but I think they're playing well above their abilities at present - no doubt because they know they'll be on the wrong side of some of that effing and blinding that you can witness in the clip. Marvelous!

2:30 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

Hilarious!!
The guy that 'shot' the ball must have been sold!!
I think he went to Elland Road

7:11 AM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

I cannot believe it. 1-0 to the Hammers!!!

11:48 AM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

Congratulations Johnno.
About time.
Sorry I wasn't around. We had our last outdoor game of the season. We came from 2-1 down at half to win 3-2. I scored the first and third goal and rifled a volley off the crossbar. We ended the season 7 - 0. Not bad for an old man

9:03 PM  
Blogger gatorbob said...

Let me third the congratulations for the West Ham win yesterday. That'll certainly by Pardew some time. Trev, I'll swap you Wise and Poyet for Pardew - whatdya think?

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home