Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Monday, December 25, 2006

What Do You Want for Christmas?

Merry Christmas, lads! Now that you've opened up all of those sweaters, pen sets and bottles of aftershave, what do you really want for Christmas? That is, what would you like your team to get for the holidays? Do you need a new striker, a tackling midfielder, a world class goalkeeper? Wish away, lads. Wish away.

I'll go first. At Elland Road, we need to be humble, so I'll take a Jerzy Dudek, a Sol Campbell and two heaping helpings of Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and Mark Viduka please, Father Christmas!

4 Comments:

Blogger United We Stand said...

Merry Christmas everyone !!!
Hope you all had a great day.
I of course was happy because I got some United stuff.
I got a coat like Sir Alex wears on the side line.

What else do I want for Christmas?
I would like a boat full of wins for United and for Chelski to stop scoring late late goals!!!!

Bob, I think all you want is some much needed points down at Elland Road.

What are your thoughts of Pardew going to Charlton? Can he save them?

12:18 PM  
Blogger gatorbob said...

Does the coat have the big AF monogrammed on it like Ferg's?

I agree - more points down the Elland. I'll start with three away to Sunderland tomorrow, thanks.

Pardew to Charlton? Well, he was about to take West Ham down to the Coke. I reckon he'll do the same for Charlton. No hope. Charlton and Watford are dead and buried. Then there are four or five vying to escape that last spot. I'd still like to see Warnock's Blades face the drop but it also might be Blackburn, Boro or Citeh if they don't their acts together.

1:57 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

Merry Christmas chaps!

I want two things for my Gunners for Christmas.

Number 1, I want to hear that Martin Keown has been hired to teach the back four how to defend set pieces like corners and frees.

Number 2, a little more ephemeral yes, I'd like Santa to leave a big package of self belief under each of the player's tree, double portion for Baptista so that he can fill the role of big imposing tackling midfielder that we've not had since Viera's heyday.

Can we wish for something for another team's manager? Gangrene for Jose Mourinho please Santa.

5:54 PM  
Blogger gatorbob said...

Trev, I'm a big fan of Benayoun but I hear that he's headed out of Upton Park in January. Too bad, eh?

And I think you'd be better off if the Argies left too.

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home