Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Should the Hammers Be Docked Points?

At the risk of provoking the ire of our resident Hammer, Sir Trevor Brooking Musing, let me toss out the topic that's been percolating around the footie world this week. Let me be clear - I'm with the Hammers and nothing would make me happier than seeing Neil Warnock and his bloody Blades in the Coke next season (Wigan would be fine too), but...really....in all fairness....

6 Comments:

Blogger West Ham Rising said...

Docked points! Are you having a laugh? Is he having a laugh? West Ham's struggles began with the arrival of the Argentines. We had excellent chemistry last season and were off to a great start without them. Let's dock Liverpool points and chuck them out of the Champions League because one of the Argentines is now starting for them. If West Ham is the poisonous tree, Liverpool are eating the rotten fruit. Let them get a belly ache too.

While I'm ranting, Dave I want to hear it straight from your lips . . . Are you rooting for West Ham to get a point on Saturday???. . . The future of Sir Trev's participation in the LOB depends on a correct answer!

11:38 AM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

I agree with Sir Trev all the way.

As for your last comment, how can I say this... I'm forever blowing bubbles!!!


I hope Wigan don't win so the score doesn't matter and United get the win but if not, COME ON YOU 'AMMERS!!!

6:33 PM  
Blogger gatorbob said...

Oh come on, Dave. What does it matter whether you end up with 90 or 93 or 1,357 points - you've won already. Sheesh!

9:04 PM  
Blogger West Ham Rising said...

Dave . . .I need it more affirmatively . . . Not IF, Wigan win I'll root for you . . . I want to know from the outset that you are rooting for West Ham to earn a draw at OT . . . Will you do it????
. . .

9:54 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

I am 100% behind West Ham surviving. If that means they need to get something from OT then so be it!!

I will repeat... I'm forever blowing bubbles. Pretty bubbles in the air!!!

10:19 PM  
Blogger gatorbob said...

Notice the interesting construction "get something from OT." Blimey, Dave, you're as slippery as Rudy Giuliani on this issue.

I'll make a prediction ahead of Sunday: West Ham to stay up but not because of any gifts from the Red Devils because they are bastards.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home