Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Goals I Remember, Volume 10


With a crucial week of Euro 2008 qualifiers coming up, I thought we should look back to one of the best European Championship qualifying matches in my memory - England vs. Denmark from 1979. Wish we still had King Kev in the side. Enjoy!

8 Comments:

Blogger United We Stand said...

Great video. I don't remember this game. 4-3!!!!
Classic Barry Davies commentating through a telephone!!!!

3:37 PM  
Blogger gatorbob said...

Shocking defending from both sides but it makes for a real ding dong right up to the end. Glad you enjoyed it.

3:40 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

I'm watching the England Italy game. What horrible tackling by Gentile!!

3:43 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

They killed them but still didn't qualify

3:44 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

I am now watching the England Argie game. WE WERE THERE!!!

3:47 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

Well, I was there

3:55 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

I LOVE all the other videos for choice after it ends.

4:03 PM  
Blogger West Ham Rising said...

I was there, too, David . . . two goals by Johnson and one by Keegan . . . great night!

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home