Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Red Devil Radio!

In what is surely a sign of a Faustian bargain, Sirius has launched a ManYoo-centric radio show that airs every Friday afternoon at 3 p.m. It features a couple of Irish blokes and reviews the previous week's fixtures and previews the weekend's action to come along with news and chat. You can also download it from Itunes by downloading the World Soccer Daily Friday edition - it's the last hour of the program after the WSD lads go off.

Enjoy!

7 Comments:

Blogger United We Stand said...

Thanks for making the LOB page look beautiful!!!

5:53 PM  
Blogger gatorbob said...

You're welcome, mate!

7:29 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

Hey, has the Empire State thing fallen through?
I see you called me on Skype last night. I had a LATE night at the college.

I saw the rerun of FFPhone-in? Did you see it? They were playing a game about footer. One question was Who scored three times in the Cup Semi Finals but never won? I think they got the question wrong!!

8:00 PM  
Blogger gatorbob said...

Yeah, I haven't heard from Empire State so I assume that I didn't make the cut on that one. C'est la vie.

"All About Football." I've been thinking about picking it up but it's a bit pricey for me now, something like $50 but it's a must for the next reunion. I did see most of FFF but was talking to KC during the last hour of it so I missed that particular question. I'd guess Sparky Hughes, no?

9:11 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

I thought that but it said that he never won.
Well, it was Billy Bremner. He scored in'65, '70 and '73
BUT didn't he win it in '72.
I think it was a mistake

9:18 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

Good win for your lot on Tuesday night. A comfortable 3-0 win and you are up to FIFTH!!!

10:18 PM  
Blogger gatorbob said...

Bremner did captain the 1972 side. There's a great picture of Revie and Billy each holding one handle of the Cup hugging each other.

It was a terrific win because we'd gone a bit off the boil recently. Beckford scored again after missing out for a few matches. All good news.

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home