Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Saturday, November 29, 2008

FA CUP TRIVIA


To get into the mood of the FA Cup, I thought I would ask an FA Cup trivia question.

How many Cup Finals have pitted two teams against each other named United?
Name the teams and years.


Good Luck

2 Comments:

Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Since I'm already well in the FA Cup mood, with my boys kicking off at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning, I'm tempted to give you a flippant Monty Pythonesque answer - say, "Oh, I know, I know, I know - Brian Clough" or "Henri Bergsson."

But I'll take a stab at it. I think that the only one in our lifetimes was your lot against Newcastle. I remember watching it at the Plough and Stars in Cambridge, MA, so that would put it at something like 98 or 99. I'll say 99 since that was your treble year. Howzat!

11:57 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

You are correct. The 1999 FA Cup Final between Manchester UNITED and Newcastle UNITED has been the ONLY Cup Final between Uniteds

Amazing

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home