Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Friday, March 19, 2010

RIP Alex Chilton (1950-2010)

I would be remiss if I didn't mention the death this week of power pop genius Alex Chilton at the age of 59. To be honest, Big Star were one of those bands that I always wanted to love more than I actually did, but there is no denying Chilton's influence on indie rock, including bands that I have loved such as REM and the Replacements. A tip of the hat, then, to Alex.

1 Comments:

Blogger gooner71 said...

I've been playing my Boxtops and Big Star favs in tribute. Kelly's been posting his favorites on FB too.

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home