Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Somewhat of a Trivia Question


I heard an interesting fact during Sky Sports this evening. Bloomfield Road became the 51st ground to host a Premier League match. I think there have been 42 teams that have played in the Premier League. That is including Wimbledon. Where are the other grounds. I have most of them but I think I missing a couple

Good luck gentlemen

8 Comments:

Blogger The Blue Devil said...

So - what that suggests is that there are nine sides that have played their Premiership footie at two grounds, an older, historic ground and a new, champagne, prawn sandwich, luxury box ground. Here are a few that I can think of that fit that description:

Arsenal - Highbury and the Emirates
Citeh - Maine Road and City of Manc
Leicester - Filbert Street and Walker Stadium
Sunderland - Roker Park and Riverside

Of course, I must also mention the most hallowed ground (even thought we don't own it any more) - Elland Road!

9:02 AM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

After a further count, there have been 43 teams in the Premier League
After Bob's answers this morning, we now have 47 grounds.... we need four more

9:38 AM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Actually, I think I made an error with one. Sunderland play at the Stadium of Light now, right? The Riverside is Middlesboro's ground. So that's another one. I'm guessing that they may have played a season or two in the Prem at Ayresome Park, but I may be wrong with that.

10:13 AM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

Aryesome Park and Roker Park are both correct
Three more needed

11:58 AM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

How about Derby County - Baseball Ground and Pride Park?

12:29 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

I don't think the Baseball Ground was one of them
It just missed out... I THINK

2:23 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

The Dell and St. Mary's, Soton?

4:34 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

That's one I didn't think of
Any more?

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home