Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Cricket on ESPN Classic

Tomorrow, from 9am-9pm, ESPN Classic is broadcasting "Classic" Cricket matches. Today, they broadcast, "Fire In Babylon" a fantastic documentary of the late 70's and 80's dominant West Indian cricketing team. It's available on NetFlix and well worth watching

2 Comments:

Blogger manunitedrules said...

Thanks for the post,Gooner.I will be in and out tomorrow, so I will try to catch as much as possible.I checked the guide and it seems to be primarily 20-20 matches played between 2007 and 2010 along with two World Cup finals.I will try to watch as much as possible.

1:32 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

I had the great pleasure of watching "Fire in Babylon" with my Trinidadian mate Shazad back in the spring. It brought back some great memories of that classic 70s Windies side.

I'm setting up the old school VHS in Blue Devil HQ.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home