Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

RIP: Tony Gubba (1943-2013)

UWS alerted me to the sad news that one of our beloved commentators from our youth - Tony Gubba - has died at the age of 69. As of early last year, he had overtaken Barry Davies as the third longest football commentator after John Motson and Gerald Sinstadt. I've got loads of warm memories of Tony on Sportsnight, Grandstand and, of course, Match of the Day. He'll be missed.

1 Comments:

Blogger manunitedrules said...

I don't remember Tony Gubba from my time in England, but I remember watching him on pre and post match shows after I left England.His passing is a huge loss to football.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home