Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Monday, December 08, 2014

Footie Trivia Question of the Week!

I woke up this morning with a head clear of last week's cold and energy to burn, thinking, "why not start off the week with a spot of trivia?" Why not indeed - here we go, lads!

1. I signed from Sunderland in 2008 where my brother Ben made 19 appearances in the same position.

2. My first clean sheet at the senior level was for Gateshead against Blythe Spartans in an FA Cup tie.

3. I share my surname with a town with a castle.

Who am I?

Best of luck, chaps!

3 Comments:

Blogger manunitedrules said...

Is it Jak Alynwick, who played the second half in goal for Newcastle vs Chelsea?

2:21 PM  
Blogger manunitedrules said...

Sorry. Jak Alnwick.

2:22 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Phew - there certainly are no flies on you today, MUR. Well in!

You are correct - it is Jak Alnwick. He's got an interesting history and certainly wasn't overwhelmed when he came on in the second half against the table toppers on Saturday. His older brother Ben (who played for Sunderland earlier) is now at Posh.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home