Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Monday, January 11, 2016

David Bowie RIP 1/8/47-1/10/16

Sad news out of England this morning as the death of David Bowie was announced. I am not as educated in music as many on this blog or my brothers. I texted Mike asking his thoughts of DB.
He said he was "very upset. An all time great. Only McCartney will be bigger. Bowie is on par with Dylan and Wonder. After them it's just the 'others'"
He shared a nice short video that says it all
Click below
Ricky G on David B

Your thoughts?

UWS

4 Comments:

Blogger manunitedrules said...

It's a massive loss. He was one of my all time favorites and I was fortunate to see him in concert in Tampa in the late 80s. He also seemed like a great bloke. I think Bowie may be bigger than McCartney because Sir Paul was made by the Beetles whereas Bowie is based on individual talent, Also, he wasn't arrogant like Sir Paul. You are correct that he was one of the all time greats.

10:40 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Thanks for the post, mate. Sad indeed. It was particularly poignant to share my birthday with this sad news. Bowie still had a lot to give. He had just released a jazz-oriented album that sounds really interesting and I was hoping for a lot more from the Thin White Duke in the future. RIP.

11:24 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

Did you both watch the little video?

6:32 AM  
Blogger manunitedrules said...

I did. RG had a different, but interesting perspective. DB had the same birthday as my mum.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home