Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Saturday, July 01, 2017

Premier League Pass

I thought I would post the article that UWS texted to me and MUR about the new Premier League Pass deal that NBC has signed. The media coverage, including this article, has been universally negative about the deal. Yet, I'm still not sure that it affects the matches that we watch on an average weekend. I've rarely switched from the "big" match featured on NBC Sports Network (or the main channel) to watch the likes of Palace v. Southampton, in the way that this article suggests that neutral American fans have been doing. So, as long as I've still got my 7:45am, 10am and 12:30pm matches on a Saturday, that's more than enough. But I'd love to hear your thoughts, gentlemen. Here's the link to the story:

https://worldsoccertalk.com/2017/06/27/premier-league-pass-marks-giant-step-backward-nbcs-coverage-epl/

1 Comments:

Blogger manunitedrules said...

Now that I am on vacation, I got a chance to read the article about Premier League Pass and my first response is that I will pass on Pass. Basically, this is replacing Premier League Extra Time ,which will affect people like UWS and Yours Truly, who liked to switch around to matches which seemed the most exciting. Now that would cost 50 Bob per household. It won't affect anything on other channels, but what happens after next season?

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home