Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Monday, November 16, 2020

Who Was Roy Keane Ranting At?

Happy Monday, everyone! Here's your quiz to start the week right, courtesy of Gooner Steve who asked me to post it here. The subject is our favorite ex-ManYoo hard man Roy Keane. The rules are simple - just click on the link below and try to figure out who Roy is giving the hairdryer treatment to in the following quotes: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/nov/13/football-quiz-who-was-roy-keane-ranting-about-in-these-quotes

8 Comments:

Blogger The Blue Devil said...

I decided to take the quiz. Dear oh dear - 5/10. Roy will not be impressed. I expect to get quite a tongue-lashing.

Thanks for the quiz, Steve!

9:19 AM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

I did even worse, which I kinda like because it confirms that his belligerence is so weird and scattershot that he must have a mental disorder. Thanks for posting.

1:43 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

BTW, that's a great photo. I hope whomever took it escaped a hiding.

1:44 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Too right - it should be next to "piercing gaze" in the OED.

4:42 PM  
Blogger manunitedrules said...

I scored 3 out of 10. Roy will not be impressed. Oh well, life goes on

7:50 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

I'm looking forward to the inevitable Wenger vs. Little Joe quiz.

I'll start with my favorite, Le Prof on LJ when LJ "noted" his omission from Le Prof's book.

"It is permanent provocation. I feel like I'm in kindergarten with him. But, that's part of his personality."

2:38 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Clearly we're all part of the "Prawn Sandwich Brigade," according to Roy. He's just given us all a kick up the backsides!

4:55 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

I am not sure my score....but it wasn't very good!

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home