Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Friday, August 03, 2007

FANTASY PREMIER LEAGUE




Interested in joining a Fantasy Premier League? I did this last year -- it is fun, free, and simple. Each player gets £100M to select 15 players from the Premier League. Each week scores are tallied based on the individual player's performance. If you're interested, simply register your team at http://fantasy.premierleague.com/. Once you have logged in and entered your team, click on the 'Leagues' link you can find on the the right of the page. I've set-up a league under "Lakenheath Old Boys", now enter the code 499955-92565 to join this private league. The more the merrier so feel free to send the registration info to your friends and family.

5 Comments:

Blogger gooner71 said...

Hey Greg,

I'm rubbish at this sort of thing. I just can't keep up with the transfers and injuries so I'll have to say no, but thanks anyway.

On another note, I hope that everybody in the MSP area is doing ok. You were definitely in my thoughts when that bridge collapsed. Steve.

3:22 PM  
Blogger blubber boy said...

It is very low maintenance. Just set up your team and it takes care of itself. If nothing else, it is fun trying to juggle 100M pounds into a squad. So try it and if you don't like it -- then scrub it.

All is well with the MSP Dosedels. Thanks for the thoughts!

9:06 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

Aye, that's fair. I'll give it a look-see after all.

10:48 PM  
Blogger gatorbob said...

Hey Greg: Sorry, I haven't had a chance to post before now. I've been in London visiting the folks for the past few days and haven't been able to get my Mom off the computer long enough to get on the blog. Normal service will resume when I get back on Sunday.

I did get on the Fantasy Football site though and picked a Dahlgren squad:

Goalkeepers
Friedel
Hahnemann

Defenders
Bocanegra
Spector
Ferdinand, R.
Woodgate
Mills

Midfield
Convey
Dempsey
Bowyer
Lennon
Milner

Forwards
McBride
Healey
Viduka
Keane, R.

Very unbalanced, I know. But the starting point was picking all the U.S. internationals currently playing in the Prem. Benni Feilhaber just signed with Derby, but he wasn't available on the site yet or I'd have picked him too. Then I filled up the rest of the squad with "O'Leary Babes" from the LUFC good old days. (And actually I could have picked two squads of those - sigh).

I probably won't win anything but it's good fun. Thanks for posting it.

10:28 AM  
Blogger gatorbob said...

One gameday down and the mighty Dahlgren Marxmen are ranked 591,762th with 16 pts. How about the rest of you.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home