Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

New Radiohead disc

Just a quick note to alert all of you living under a rock that the brilliant new Radiohead disc - In Rainbow - is available for a perfectly legal download at:

www.inrainbows.com/Store/Quickindex2.html

Better still, the price is completely up to you. You can enter 0.00 or, if you're feeling more generous, give the lads a few quid to encourage this kind of thing. And don't believe the early, negative press - the files sound clean and crisp on your iPod.

Enjoy!

4 Comments:

Blogger gooner71 said...

Excellent disc too. A return to a more rock sound. I've been playing nothing since I got my download.

11:15 PM  
Blogger gatorbob said...

I haven't absorbed the whole thing yet; it kind of just washed over me as I was walking over to the college yesterday, but the haunting closer "Videotape" did stick in my head for a few hours afterward.

8:32 AM  
Blogger gatorbob said...

I'm with you, Gooner. I've been walking over to the college all this week, no doubt with a slightly spaced out look on my face, just floating along with this music.

I love the sonic surprises that are tucked away in these songs, like Jonny Greenwood's jazzy guitar work on the opener "15 Step" or the way the piano comes in at the end of "All I Need" or the mournful cello on "Faust Arp." It's all great, great stuff.

4:59 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

Me too. It's a headphone record for sure.

For me, I like that percussive start to "15 Step" that sounds like a child throwing handful after handful of Lincoln Logs down a flight of stairs.

Oh yes, I know what the above sounds like.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home