Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Saturday, July 11, 2009

LOB Book Club - The Big Sort

As the second book of the summer for the LOB Book Club I'm suggesting Bill Press's "The Big Sort," which looks at the trend of Americans living in self-imposed enclaves. As you'll note from Press's map from the book, I've recently made the move from "Dementia" to "Downward Mobilia."

I've just got the book from the SUNY Library system and am ready to rip at the beginning of the week. Join me for what promises to be a lively discussion.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bivalve88 said...

Sounds good. I just got word that my copy is ready at the library, so I'll be able to pick it up on Monday.

7:57 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Great! I haven't heard commitments from any other blog participants so it may be just the two of us, which is okay by me.

How about we shoot for discussing the Introduction (the first 15 pages) on Wednesday?

By the way, it looks as if you're living in an area that Press calls "Just Plain Joe."

7:41 PM  
Blogger Bivalve88 said...

Ha! I'd have to agree with that. Maybe the RI region could renamed "Neurotica" after a recent study that found my state to have the most neurotic people in the country...

8:44 AM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Cranberry-heavy diet?

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home