Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Saturday, July 18, 2009

A Playlist From Nick Hornby


I am always intrigued by what my favorite musicians and writers and actors are listening to. So I was very interested in this playlist from the man who wrote one of my favorite novels ever, High Fidelity. I don't know all these songs, but I'm gonna look them up.

READ MORE HERE

1 Comments:

Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Nice one, Gooner! As I've said many times, I'd read Nick's shopping lists. And this is very close to that, to be fair. It's a very, very personal list. I don't know about the Queen "We Will Rock You" reference, even if his kid enjoys it in the car. Last time that was relevant was when we were bellowing it in the back of the bus on the way back from securing the championship at Alconbury in '82.

Others are fairly ephemeral. I did like Adele's "Chasing Pavements" but I'm not sure anyone's going to be listening to that - to say nothing of the Black Kids! - in twenty years time, in the car or anywhere else for that matter. But isn't that the whole point of pop music.

Thanks for the posting!

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home