Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Monday, February 07, 2011

RIP Gary Moore: 1953-2011

Sad news this morning that legendary Thin Lizzy guitarist Gary Moore has died under suspicious circumstances in a Costa Del Sol hotel room. I prefer to remember him ripping it up with Phil and the gang on gems such as "Jailbreak," "Whisky in a Jar," and "The Boys are Back in Town" in their 70s heyday. Slap one of those on the stereo as a tribute to Gaz, won't you?

Read his Guardian obit here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/feb/07/gary-moore-obituary?INTCMP=SRCH

1 Comments:

Blogger manunitedrules said...

I do not own any of their music even though I am a fan. "The Boys Are Back in Town" is my favorite. I will see if I can listen to some music online.

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home