Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Friday, January 28, 2011

WTF with Marc Maron

I was delighted to hear that Marc Maron, one of my favorite personalities from the late lamented Air America progressive radio network has landed on his feet with a new podcast "WTF." Maron has always been best known for plumbing the depths of fortysomething, male self-loathing. In the podcast, he puts guests such as fellow comics Patton Oswalt as well as cultural icons such as Hank Rollins on the couch for an hour of radical therapy. It's honest stuff and funny as hell. As the pod title suggests, though, it's NSFW or the kiddies. Download it for free from iTunes or by Googling Maron's own website. Enjoy!

2 Comments:

Blogger gooner71 said...

I've been meaning to check this out. Thanks for the reminder. What's the best episode so far?

3:46 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Well, you know I'm gonna say the one with my girl Janeane Garofalo....;-)

I've honestly only listened to a few so far. I'm sure that the one with Ira Glass will float your boat as a fan. The one with Aziz Ansari can only be off the hook. I like Doug Benson's stuff a lot so that one's cued up for me.

I've listened to the most recent ones with Hank and Patton. Great stuff. Enjoy!

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home