Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Premiership Plus Predictions Game - Week 26

It's high time for an update of the PPP game, as we've had plenty to tense English footie action over the past couple of weeks. A lot of us have taken a beating with the subtle shifting of the top seven positions in the Premiership, which means that WHR - the sole Citeh supporter - seems to be running away with it. Steady on, though. There are plenty of points left in the game. Matthew and Thomas, for example, benefited from that Liverpool penalty win on Sunday in the Carling Cup Final to the tune of six points each. And AZ Kicker (Pool), MUR (Everton), Simon (Chelski) and Yellows (Pool) are still in with a shot at the eight points for an FA Cup win. So - here are the current, tentative, standings after 26 weeks:

1. West Ham Rising – 25 points
2. Blue Devil – 19 pts
3. Matthew – 13 pts
- Thomas – 13 pts
5. Gooner71 – 12 pts
6. Someone Said – 11 pts
7. AZ Kicker – 9 pts
- Man Utd Rules – 9 pts
- Yellows – 9 pts
10. Simon Burke – 5 pts
11. United We Stand – 3 pts

6 Comments:

Blogger United We Stand said...

GORDON BENNETT!!

I AM IN BLOODY LAST PLACE!!

10:09 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

Does this window look different now or is it my computer?
I don't like it!

10:09 PM  
Blogger manunitedrules said...

I hate this window too. It's bloody awful. I am so relieved after being in a relegation spot practically all season.It's great to be creeping up the table. I could use those eight points as that would put me in contention for a Europa League Sport.There are still lots of pints out there.

11:32 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Not liking this new window either. But I suppose I can get used to it.

Well, MUR - you've crawled out of relegation trap-door. UWS - you're in the sack race now!

8:51 AM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

I am confident in my own ability to get myself out of this mess..... I am West Ham!


Again, this window stinks!
Also, there is still no way to get to messages after 200 when you first open the thread. I wanted to read what you guys said during the Oscars but I would have had to write a meaningless comment to activate it! I have tried to look on the site to fix it but no luck. This is what Tony was talking about. When he is reading and not commenting, he can't see them all!

10:49 AM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

I may have to email the Blogger administrator and see what the deal is. But - I don't know why they can't leave well enough alone.

And don't get me started on the new Facebook "Timeline!"

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home