Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Thursday, November 01, 2012

Which Band Have You Seen Most Often?

Last Friday night, I was in a car full of lads heading to see RUSH at the local hockey arena in Buffalo and, of course, the talk was mostly of music. At the wheel, The Red Devil came up with a question that I thought I'd share in a thread here on LOB:

"Which band (or artist) have you seen most often?"

I have to admit that I was a bit stumped at first, as I've seen hundreds of bands once and probably a dozen or more on a couple of occasions. However, I've never had one of those Grateful Dead-style experiences of following a band out on a tour, so there didn't seem to be a clear winner. However, after much Hornbyesque pondering on the topic, I did come up with a clear winner - Squeeze. I saw the full band in different incarnations (once with Paul Carrick, another time a reunion gig with Jools Holland at the piano) as well as Difford and Tilbrook on two occasions and just Glenn Tilbrook once. To get you thinking about this, I thought I'd share this rare clip from the late lamented NBC music show "Sunday Night" from the 90s with Squeeze joined by smooth jazzer/host David Sanborn on "Tempted."

6 Comments:

Blogger Someone Said said...

I would have to say 10,000 Maniacs, who played the Fredonia bars often in the early to mid 80's.

Seen a few people or bands three times. Crowded House, Warren Zevon, Richard Thompson.

1:49 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

Other than some bands that my friends have been in, I've seen REM 4 times, all four times with the full Stipe, Buck, Mills, Berry line-up.

3:07 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

Now that I think about it, Peter Holsapple of the DB's was lurking about with them on at least one occasion.

3:10 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

Hardly any!!


Love this song though!

3:49 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Not even Johnny Hates Jazz, UWS?

6:02 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

Only seen them perform once!

Maybe with their next album

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home