Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

The DNC - Day 3

It's been a fascinating week at the DNC so far. Last night, we had some moving moments featuring mothers of police murder victims, as well as former President Bill Clinton trying to humanize HRC and bringing down the house doing so.

I spent some time with this very substantive discussion on the future trajectory of this campaign season from Democracy Now this morning. Of course, I agree more with former New York Times writer Chris Hedges, but both he and former Clinton Labor Secretary Robert Reich, a Sanders supporter, make some solid points.

I hope that you'll join me tonight as President Obama lends his support to the Clinton/Kaine cause.



6 Comments:

Blogger manunitedrules said...

Good evening, Bob. I'll be watching a triple header of footie this evening. I'm currently watching PSG vs Real. I will be watching Chelsea vs Liverpool instead of watching Chelsea Clinton.

8:30 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Evening, MUR - great to hear from you tonight. How are the matches going?

8:40 PM  
Blogger manunitedrules said...

Cheers, Bob. PSG lead Real 3-1 an hour into the match at Columbus, Ohio.

8:57 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Tim Kaine is really leaning on his Spanish language skills. Will that sell in Tejas, MUR?

10:34 PM  
Blogger manunitedrules said...

Yes.I think it might. It should help.

7:32 PM  
Blogger manunitedrules said...

Yes.I think it might. It should help.

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home