Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Thursday, June 25, 2020

THIRTY YEARS OF HURT....well...not for me!

I made sure I posted the smallest picture I could find.... Congratulations to Liverpool for winning their first League Championship since 1990. I know how all of their fans feel.... back in 1993 I was feeling the same way after 26 years of hurt! It has been a wonderful 30 years of 13 titles to NONE. I know it couldn't go on forever!
1990 League Champs... Liverpool
1990 FA Cup Winners...Manchester United
1990 Second Tier Winners....Leeds United

Same again in 2020????

Titles...United still on their perch
United 20
Liverpool 19
Arsenal 13

Liverpool are on the Premier League winners list... equal with Blackburn and Leicester!!

Tom posted this on Instagram
19*....congrats Liverpool :)

A LOT of things have happened since

30 Years of Hurt

UWS

1 Comments:

Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Nice post, Dave - very gracious of you. I'm hoping my lot can get back up to the Prem and notch a fourth title soon.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home