Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Monday, August 20, 2007

Footie Trivia of the Week

With the Premiership well under way, here's a trivia question about the big money clubs:

"Name the longest serving current player for each of these sides - Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs."

Good luck, lads.

7 Comments:

Blogger United We Stand said...

I will answer for my lot.
I would guess Giggs

2:00 PM  
Blogger gatorbob said...

Absolutely - sixteen years at the club. As for United, mate, early doors yet, early doors.

2:22 PM  
Blogger West Ham Rising said...

This would've been easier to answer for all the clubs when we were in 10th grade and the players stayed put . . . I'll guess Gerrad for Liverpool and Keane for Tottenham ...

9:09 PM  
Blogger United We Stand said...

I waited for someone else to guess and John came through but I think he is wrong.

I would say Carragher for Pool and Ledley King for Spurs.
I will leave the last for Steve

9:45 PM  
Blogger gatorbob said...

Sorry Trev, but Dave's the savant at this trivia business. He's right - Carragher and King have been at their respective clubs for 10 years.

Gerrard must be fairly close to that, but Keane has actually been quite a journeyman with stints at Wolves, Inter Milan, Coventry and Leeds before we sold him to Spurs about five seasons ago.

How about Arsenal, Gooner?

9:55 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

Without looking, I'd have to guess either Kolo or Gilbo. I'll guess....Kolo, because I think Gilbo showed up after the World Cup in 2002 and Kolo was a kid for us.

Kolo Toure I think.

10:05 PM  
Blogger gatorbob said...

Yep, now that and Freddie are gone, it's Kolo at six years. In fact there are only four left from that last championship year - Lehmann, Kolo, Gilbo and Clichy.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home