Lakenheath Old Boys

We are all former students at Lakenheath High School and other public schools in East Anglia. We were in school in the 70s and 80s and drank deeply from the well of British culture of those decades - the pints, the telly, and of course the footie!

Monday, March 05, 2012

Footie Trivia - Humorous Injuries Edition

Some mother's do 'ave em - footballers, that is. Not the brightest lot. I was reminded of this truism when I came across a list of humorous self-inflicted footie injuries on the Guardian website. I thought it might make a fun quiz:

"Match the hilarious self-inflicted injury to the numpty below:"

1. Got an infected toe after trying to burst a blister...with a power drill!

2. Jabbed his eye with a boarding pass at the airport.

3. Overextended his flexor muscle while stretching in bed.

4. Strained his knee tendon during an extended session of Pro Evolution Soccer.

5. Injured his Achilles tendon when his toddler daughter ran over it with her tricycle.

6. Knocked himself unconscious by hitting his head on the dugout celebrating a goal.

7. Broke his foot kicking an advertising hoarding to celebrate a teammate's goal.

8. Knocked out his front teeth taking golf clubs out of his car.

9. Lopped off a toe with his lawnmower while mowing the lawn.

10. Broke his leg doing a celebratory back flip after a goal in pre-season.

a. Perry Groves

b. Shaun Goater

c. Rio Ferdinand

d. Charlie George

e. Celestine Babayaro

f. Leroy Lita

g. Kasey Keller

h. Milan Rapaic

i. Darius Vassell

Good luck, chaps!

6 Comments:

Blogger United We Stand said...

Fantastic picture!!!

5:35 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Any guesses, mate?

8:28 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

A. Perry Groves 6. Knocked himself out hitting his head on the dugout.

10:15 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

I. Darius Vassel is the 1. Makita enthusiast.

10:17 PM  
Blogger gooner71 said...

D. King Charlie, did himself in with 9. a Toro

E. Babayaro 10. Nadia'd himself with a backflip.

C. Rio strained his 4, Knee tendon.

Those are the ones I know.

Dying to know who stabbed himself in the eye with a boarding pass. I feel for him. You've all heard that when Melanie woke me up nearly 20 years ago to tell me that she was in labor, I panicked and thumbed myself in the eye so bad that it didn't stop watering until after Eric was born. So I sympathize. It's really painful.

10:22 PM  
Blogger The Blue Devil said...

Well in, Gooner. You're spot on with all of those. I had a feeling you'd know the Arsenal ones.

I do feel a bit for Perry Groves after having hit my head nearly every day when living in Japan and of course that unfortunate meeting with the sign in Belize.

I'll let the others chip in before I give the answers.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home